Disney Announces Intinerary for Upcoming Disney+ Day
Marking the second anniversary of its launch, The Walt Disney Company will be celebrating Disney+ Day on Friday, November 12, 2021.
“Subscribers to Disney+ will be treated to new content releases across the service’s iconic brands, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star in international markets, along with a special presentation on Disney+ for fans with sneak peeks into what’s to come.”
To prepare for the upcoming event, the company released an itinerary to give its subscribers an idea of what is coming to the streaming service soon:
- Premier Access: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Disney’s Jungle Cruise was released simuletanesly in theaters and on Disney+ via Premier Access. However, on Disney+ Day, the film will be available to all subscribers with no addtional fee.
- Star Wars: In anticipation of the upcoming The Book of Boba Fett series, Disney+ will be releasing a special “celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett.”
- Marvel Studios: The most recent cinematic chapeter in the MCU, Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, will make its streaming debut. Additionally, Marvel will be releasing a “special look” which will “[celebrate] the Marvel Cinimetic Universe on Disney+” and at the future of Phase 4.
- Disney+ Originals: To prepare for the holidays, the streaming service will be releasing a Home Sweet Home Alone, which will be “a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise.”
- Walt Disney Animation Studios: A brand new series of shorts called Olaf Presents will be coming to the streaming platfrom. The series will feature fan-favortie, Olaf, as he retells “several classic Disney tales as only he can.” Futhermore, Oscar-winning shorts Feast and Paperman will make their streaming debuts, as well as the Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short, called Get a Horse!
- Pixar: Pixar will release a short, titled Ciao Alberto, which is based on the newly popular animated film, Luca.
- Simpsons: A new Simpsons short will be released, which will “pay tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands,” which include Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, National Geographic, and Star.
- National Geographic: Season two of The World According to Jeff Goldblum will premeire on Disney+, beginning with the season’s first five episodes.
- Star: For its international markets, Disney+ will release Dopesick, starring Michael Keaton, Peter Sarsgaard, and Rosario Dawson. The series will begin streaming on October 13th on Hulu in the United States.
While fans and subscribers eagerly await the upcoming Disney+ Day, the company promises to deliver more “exciting content premieres, consumer offers, and news will be announced leading up to Disney+ Day.”