Disney Gives Exclusive Sneak Peek ‘Behind the Attraction’
The official trailer for Behind the Attraction was released today on Disney+. The 10-part series, narrated by Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds), takes viewers behind the scenes of some of the most popular attractions and destinations at Disney Parks and Resorts across the world, from Jungle Cruise to It’s a Small World to the Haunted Mansion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Behind the Attraction digs into Disney Parks’ rich, fascinating history, using historical and never-before-seen footage and images to reveal how the attractions were created and how they’ve evolved over time as new ideas and technologies have surfaced.
The following episodes will be available on Disney+ on Wednesday, July 21:
- Jungle Cruise: Join a skipper for the story behind Jungle Cruise, and try to spot the backside of water! When Walt decided to create the original immersive attraction, he tasked Imagineers with building a river AND the mechanical animals to populate it.
- Haunted Mansion: Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion — enter if you dare! When Walt Disney developed the attraction, he didn’t specify if it should be funny or scary, and so it became a perfect blend of both.
- Star Tours: Lightspeed to Endor! A long time ago…Disney created Star Tours, a thrilling simulator attraction that takes guests to a galaxy far, far away. It inspired Imagineers to build a whole new land — Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Discover the ups (and downs!) of creating this gravity-defying attraction set in the eerie world of Rod Serling’s renowned “Twilight Zone” television series. Then hold on tight as Imagineers reimagine the Disney California Adventure Park version as Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Space Mountain: You’re about to hear the story of Space Mountain in T-minus 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…launch! Walt’s vision of an attraction that simulates space travel was a design challenge Imagineer John Hench tackled head on, creating a signature structure in Disney Parks around the world.
The docuseries premieres on Disney+ on Wednesday, July 21, with five episodes initially available and five more arriving later this year.
Behind the Attraction is executive produced by Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, Brian Gewirtz, and Kevin Hill from Seven Bucks Productions and Brian Volk-Weiss, Robin Henry, and Cisco Henson from The Nacelle Company with Brian Volk-Weiss directing.