Loki was the guinea pig for Disney+’s all-new release date schedule for its upcoming original series — and it seems to have worked! The show went on to become the streaming platform’s most-watched premiere, likely because the studio’s weekly release schedule shifted to Wednesday instead of Friday.
The permanent change to all of its upcoming original series stemmed from the resounding success of Marvel’s Loki. So, going forward, Wednesday is the new Friday! This will include all original scripted, unscripted and animated series.
The exception to this change is Disney+’s original movies which will continue to premiere on Friday.
Check out the new premiere dates for Disney+’s upcoming original series:
- Monsters at Work moves from July 2, 2021 to July 7, 2021
- Turner & Hooch moves from July 16, 2021 to July 21, 2021
- Behind the Attraction moves from July 16, 2021 to July 21, 2021
- Chip ‘n’ Dale: Park Life moves from July 23, 2021 to July 28, 2021
- Turning the Tables with Robin Roberts moves from July 30, 2021 to July 28, 2021
- The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse moves from July 30, 2021 to July 28, 2021
- Growing Up Animal moves from August 20, 2021 to August 18, 2021
- Short Circuit season 2 moves from July 30, 2021 to August 4, 2021