Ever since the pandemic, a long list of Disney films have experienced delays.
One of the most disappointing delays has been Marvel’s Black Widow, which has seen multiple delays already. Now, Disney has announced today to delay the film again. Releasing on July 9, Black Widow will release in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access simultaneously.
Additional films include:
- Cruella moves to Disney+ with Premier Access and theaters May 28, 2021
- Luca moves to Disney+ June 18, 2021
- Free Guys moves to August 13, 2021
- Shang-Chi moves to September 3, 2021
- The King’s Man moves to December 22, 2021
- Deep Water moves to January 14, 2022
- Death on the Nile moves to February 11, 2022.
Following the long list of new delays, Disney issued a statement that reflects the company’s “unparalleled storytelling”:
“Today’s announcement reflects our focus on providing consumer choice and serving the evolving preferences of audiences. By leveraging a flexible distribution strategy in a dynamic marketplace that is beginning to recover from the global pandemic, we will continue to employ the best options to deliver The Walt Disney Company’s unparalleled storytelling to fans and families around the world.”